Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Second Act

Welcome to my midlife crisis.  I've been doing the same job almost a quarter century, I love being self-employed, my clientele is more family than customer, but my joints are wearing out on the repetitive motions.  
What to do?...
The solution has been right under my nose for the past 8 months:



Working out with Ike has given me a deliciously devious idea.
I'm going back to school to earn my Personal Trainer Certificate.  Our local college offers a new one year course.  I've missed the beginning, but the director believes that I already have half the required course from my B.Sc. at Auburn.  I knew that silly piece of paper would come in handy some day.  
 I will, of course, keep my regular cleaning gigs (no panic yet), this will be something to transition into very gradually.  
I owe a debt of thanks to my personal trainer/ career mentor, Ike, who has helped me get my game to the next level. Thanks to our regiment, I've lost weight, gained muscle mass and for the first time in my life I have a strong core and a trouble free back.


You ought to give him a call.  Just don't take my M,W, F (6:30 -7:30) slot, I will find you and I will hurt you.