Friday, December 5, 2014

Bipolar Week

The week in a nutshell:  work, work, work, toil, toil, Murphy's Law, elation, success, happy, happy, joy, joy, work, more work, Murphy again and escape.

Highlights:
We had a full house of boarders for over a week.
I took my posse to work with me on weekends.  The more the merrier, right?  Exception:  the King size bed isn't quite big enough.

Personal Trainer Class finally covered the subject of strength training.  38 pages of notes... so much good info, but so much to absorb.

In the past month of pouring over the 600 page textbook on fitness training, I've gleaned a lot.  I've been able to become more proactive in my training sessions with Ike... with good results.
This week's analysis:  15.4% body fat.  I was at 26% last Winter when I began working with Ike.  In September, I was still stuck at 22%. 
In the past three weeks, I've gained 3 pounds, but lost 3% body fat. As a woman, it's been difficult to let go of having a set desired weight.  
For months, I've been harassing  Ike that I want to weigh 128 again.  Finally, I'm looking past the weight and the BMI (which is only a height to weight ratio) and I'm focusing on muscle mass.  Because muscle = work.  Work is power.  This morning at the gym, I was able to complete two reps of an upper body exercise that my trainer said no other female he's seen can do.  2.  Next month, I'm working on 13% body fat and doing 10 of his killer exercises.  I'm tossing my bathroom scale out the window!
Feeling good and feeling strong is far superior to being skinny.  Embrace whatever body type you have and go with it! Yes, you may call me Moose.

When are the days going to get longer?  Working at night by head lantern , I've blazed through 16 AAA batteries the past 2 weeks.  It is magical to work outside late at night and to hear the constant chatter of wildlife all around you.

Cole is still and will continue going to physio therapy every week.  This week, the superstar was called in on an off day to help his favorite person in the whole wide world (his therapist)  put on a demonstration.  He's actually in a movie.  There's no containing his ego now.
And if you think I'm nuts -- I met a man at the vet school who drives 6 hours round trip to bring his dog in for treatments.  He's at 25k at the moment (my 7k pales in comparison) and he swears it's the best money he's ever spent.  A kindred spirit with deeper pockets!

On the schooling front, things got interesting this week.  Through a friend's referral, I was put directly in contact with the head of the School of Kinesiology.  I will meet with her next week to discuss possible grad school.  She doesn't see why I need to do another undergrad degree in Science.  I don't think my grades will allow such an easy entry into grade school, but, hey, maybe after 15 years, my record has been expunged.  Wouldn't that be nice?

Tonight, I'm tanking up on caffeine to make the 4 hr trek to North Carolina.  Part work, part exhilarating running like a fiend through the forest.

Working off a Master List for Cole's stuff and one for mine, we were packed in 2 hours last night.  Adios Auburn for a few days!