Friday, August 30, 2019

Trespassers

We have a dedicated security detail on the farm.  But, you know how Murphy's Law works?  We have no trouble, not a peep, for 6 months and our new sheriff goes out of town for a few days and that's when some joy riders decide to come onto the property.

The prospect of resolving another problem at 6 PM after a long, long day was daunting, but we made ourselves a quadruple espresso shot lattes and hit the trails tracking. Night forfeited our further efforts, but we separated and went back out checking every inch of the perimeter for an entry point in the morning. 
 Flynn on a mule.  Me and my trackers by bicycle. As it is my day off, I opt to mix my cardio, the dogs' exercise and busting some trespassers all in one.

Nothing like some cute butts ahead of you.

I thought I had a bloodhound, turns out he's a rabbit!

I'm as territorial as a grizzly, so we don't give up until we solved the riddle.  Armed with knowledge of the entry point, Smith and Flynn always get their man.