Thursday, July 3, 2014

Lucky Number Seven

July 3rd, Cole hit a milestone:  the big 50!

Or to look at it on the bright side:  lucky number 7.  After the year he's had, he's due a better fortune.
It's tradition that on his and my birthdays, we're on a trail somewhere.  As I'm working through the long weekend to catch up on work, my grand plans to take Cole to Roosevelt State Park were canned.
I think he was just as happy with an hour of squirrel hunting this evening.


We came back to meatloaf straight out of the oven.

"Define share".

Snouts in the trough.

If you think about it, Cole ages 1 year for every 2 chronological months.  Time together is precious.

The occasion called for a trip to the ice cream parlor, with all four dogs.
I only wanted one good picture of us. Is that too much to ask? With the 10 second delay on my cell phone camera, you never know what the picture will end up looking like.  Out on the deck, Cole was preoccupied scanning for squirrels in the trees.

Still focused, he's assuming I'm giving him a boost up the tree.

Moved inside.  Things got goofy.

A little drunk off my second glass of chocolate milk!

"Ma, I farted".

"You're making my eyes water, Kid".

"You're staring at me.  I can feel it".
 
Never got the good picture I wanted, but had too much fun trying!
 
Ended the evening by bringing Wilbur his beetles.
 

Do I know how to party, or what?