Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Going to the Dogs

A dog is indeed man's best friend.  And I have a large circle of friends:
Pete, the farm dog, has declared half my house as his.

Bruce and Katie are here for a week. Bruce, after his Summer fleecing:

Cole with Maggie, honing their cat and squirrel hunting skills:
But, it's not all about the dogs.  We have a couple dozen new chickens too.
After spending the first two weeks of their lives in my bath tub with heat lamps, the chicks were moved into their new hoop house.  One that was surprisingly easy to build...which means that I may make more, perhaps for ducks.
Other new, unplanned additions to the farm:
4 new tires on Monday because of a beer bottle, in Auburn, that sliced open this tire.  Reason #437 why I hate going to town now.  I'd much rather stay on the farm, work on the trails, the landscaping, bake breads
and make Cole homemade meatloaves.
Alas, one must venture away from the farm...occasionally.  Today is my day off and I must drag myself away to begin cardiac rehab at a local gym.  I don't wanna go ride their stupid stationary bicycle.  One hour away won't kill me.