Monday, October 12, 2015

Remains of August

Each time I think I'm close to catching up around here, the gremlins work overtime to make me do the same.  We've recently acquired 2 new horses, both of whom decided to colic a few days apart.  A trip to the vet, some sleepless nights, extra vigilance, all burn up the majority of hours in a day. 9 horses to care for, plus my own menagerie -- this is the best job in the world.  So, when I don't have time to return calls or emails, know that I'm not eating bonbons on the couch, I'm out there doing what I love.
So let's catch up on August, shall we?
Construction on the ox barn began.

Continued.

Tommy approves.

Cole had all of his lipomas and skin tags surgically removed.

Frankenstein.

20 minutes to pull 33 stitches.  He was uber patient with me.

Stacked Tommy and Daphne's Winter hay.

Found an old pool cover in the woods and towed it to my horse pasture.

Voila, horses' square bales all covered up.
Cole's botched suicide attempt #43.  He swallowed a pork chop bone cast aside by the carpenters.  Emergency vet visit, again.

Cole's abscess never heals.

In retrospect, August wasn't the most fun after all.  But, wait until you hear about September!!!