Thursday, September 24, 2015

Cole Update

The Comeback Kid is laying beside me snoring like a drunk.  
Apparently, the pain medication is strong!
He was discharged to me last night instead of being kept under observation.  Unless myself or Liz was there, Mr. Anxiety paced and whined.  
The surgery went well, he had a drain tract set up on his leg.  The new antibiotics seem to be taking effect.  I had been warned that the red swollen leg that couldn't bend would get worse before improving, but this morning, he can bend it and the redness has AND those disgusting Jello blobs of edema that were hanging on his elbow and traveling up his chest have shrunken.
This is what 1000X better looks like.
The results of the pythium test, fungus, bacteria and protozoa tests will start filtering in soon. I want to get to the bottom of this.  Close call #467.  We're not out of the woods, but we've turned the bus around, heading in the right direction.  
Now if I could just sleep for the next 48 hours...