Friday, November 27, 2015

Being Thankful, Part Deux

 Shopping is my least favorite activity. Being at the mall ranks up there with being dropped in a pit with vipers, or swimming with sharks.  
So this is how I will choose to honor Black Friday today:
Painting posts. Black. Voila.
Then, I'll resume planting wheat in the horse pastures.  Something I did on Thanksgiving Day.
Does it get better than this? Me thinks not.
Especially because it almost didn't happen.  Unhooking from the box blade was an arduous challenge Thursday morning because the three point hitch was refusing to un-hitch and the hydraulics were being equally cantankerous.  I have a hate-hate relationship with hydraulic lines. 
Thanks for the guidance of two customers and the feed store owner on what to plant and seeding rate.  Next, thanks to at least 4 creative farmers who posted Youtube videos on how to calibrate and service this blasted planting drill. Tinkering and unclogging little tubes... two hours later:
I'm loaded up.
And fully functional.
Wishing you the same marvelous day I'm about to have-- again.  As long as playing in the dirt is something you relish too!