Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Good Ideas Better Left Alone

Everyone has horrid sweaters in the back of their closets.  What if you could repurpose them?  
What if...
...you could make mittens out of dated, horrible knit hoodies?

Abracadabra!

I wonder what else I can carve up in my closet?
Reminds me of the time a well meaning grandmother gave her 11 year old granddaughter a fur coat to try to bring some style into her life.  What I saw was an opportunity to keep my hands from freezing when I was driving my snowmobile.
I made them so large to allow a mitted hand to fit inside.  They were the most wonderful thing for long rides.  I hear that now the modern snowmobiles have warming handlebars.  Still, I shall not relinquish my 34 year old mittens, I may need them for mushing in Alaska someday.