Monday, August 14, 2017

Eclipse Preparedness

My neighbor is a self proclaimed astronerd.  I am the astro-not.  He's coaxed me out at the wee hours of the morning to watch meteor showers, which I fail to see.
I asked him for safety tips with the upcoming 90% solar eclipse coming up next week.  
He worked at a horse farm during a partial eclipse and said the horses did stupid, masochistic things during the event.  We'll keep them in the barn. Check.
He said to get the special glasses for Flynn and I.  Amazon sells them for $25 apiece.  Ain't gonna happen.  Next idea:  he says we can use welding masks. Those we have!!!
Hey Dakota, look up at the sun for us, will ya?
That'll work.
We're ready.  

We will survive the eclipse, perhaps not the Dax!

And in case we have guests that day, we've come up with spare safety apparel:

We always have our thinking caps on around here.