Thursday, October 4, 2018

Roughing It

After weeks of restless sleep, being trampled, kicked,farted on and licked to death...I've reached my zenith of patience.

My bounty of chigger bites are Peter's weakness.  He licks my ankles raw.  Hate to ruin your pastoral notion of life in the country, but pests and vermin abound here.  Chiggers are a minor concern compared to the uptick in rattlesnake activity as they seek out winter dens.

This one headed right into my backyard.  No, I was not present to kill it. And, yes it's my fault that the employee who snapped this picture didn't kill it because staff knows I come unglued when non venomous snakes are indiscriminately killed and she, not knowing what it was, let it slither into my yard. FYI big Timber Rattler.  
But, I digress...
I gave Chester's co-foster parent an ultimatum:  get him out of my house for one night, so I can catch a break.

Chester has been the model of a good guest, but Dax still tempts his fate daily by disrespecting Chester's space.

Garrett is still uneasy around Chester and it seems that Peter and Dax have upped the ante in their antics, either to annoy Chester or lure him into their games.

It's like having a bunch of 6 year olds in a motel room-- ain't nobody gonna get any sleep.

One night this week of calm, that's all I asked for... and this is what I get:



A guilt trip.

Chester adjusted well, so I SUPPOSE he can come with us on my camping weekend.  YES... we are bugging out of here on Saturday.
If you ever wondered how many dogs you could cram into a 3 man tent, you'll have your answer on Sunday night.