Friday, November 29, 2019

Honeymoon, Farm-Style

When you've gotten married on your lunch break, picnicked in a cemetery for its peacefulness, stayed out beyond your bedtime at a tattoo parlor, what happens next?
You each go back to our respective houses!

Honeymoon, Farm-Style. Flynn is on dog sitting detail until next week, so he's residing down the lane with his two girls, Maggie and Lucy.

They come over for meals.

Lucy asking Uncle Flynn for more Thanksgiving food.

And socializing.

6 big dogs in one wee little trailer is a little much, what if we take them all camping? Doesn't that make sense?
Snagged this tent at a yard sale for $75.  Pity it didn't come with instructions.

Dax and Micah assisted.

Micah was fired after fleeing with tent parts. Took us all remaining evening light.

 but Dax and I did it.

Party time.

I have a funny feeling my new husband will tell me to 'have fun', he'll stay with his girls in his posh lakeside abode. I'll send him a postcard. I've assured him Dax and Micah are 100x better than an electric blanket.

He doesn't believe me.
At least we had an impromptu reception... we crashed two family Thanksgiving dinners.  In between horse feedings, we foraged at the Carattini-Colon household and the Simmons-DeSchazo home.



Don't Farmer Flynn's boots complete the outfit?

I'm off on this Black Friday and catching up on house projects.  Flynn is off this weekend, while I'm back on the clock.  I think we may have found the recipe to a long and happy marriage:  separate time off.  OK, maybe not, but it's a work in progress.