Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Mish Mash

I take my role as Great Protector of all creatures big and small around here quite seriously.
Three years ago, I established grub nurseries in the back of the manure pile for Hercules beetle grubs.  It takes a grub 2 years to develop into a majestic 2" long beetle.  

I was quite perturbed when this baby was found crawling through the barn.

It was relocated back to the manure pile.  

It's hard to keep up with the cornucopia of stuff growing around here.
Or dying.  Every time a storm rolls through, we're guaranteed to have trees come down.

I prefer to use the chainsaw with someone else present in case I chop my leg off.

 So, when I have a helper, I power through felled trees and return later to collect them.

This particular baby wasn't cut all the way through.  Did I return to the barn for the chainsaw?  Hell no.  I like a challenge.  Plus a storm was less than 20 minutes away.  


There's a technique to my madness.

Mostly involves a lot of grunting. Got 'er on the third try.

My faithful work companion, Garrett, never left the truck.

On Father's day, I put on the traditional grilling.

It's an honor and a joy to take care of my entire posse.