Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Jinx is Jinxed

I found out today why my rat terrier has been getting me up in the middle of the night for potty breaks.  Jinx has a bad prostate infection (keeping my fingers crossed it's not anything worse).  Apparently it's atypical for a neutered dog to have prostate problems.  Go figure I'd have the exception.
My vet said that his prostate was really big...  poor Jinx.  He's been violated twice this month.
Clearly unnerved by his day at the clinic.  
Still chipper enough to clown around.
I guess it's a good thing I decided not to include him on our canoe trip in Canada. He mustn't feel well. Besides, the money I would've spent on his gear can now go towards his veterinary bills.  Yes, Murphy's Law has it all figured out for me!
Cole received his new life preserver today.
Ruffwear makes some good stuff.  His Palisades pack that we took to Vermont was more expensive than my own pack.
The Ruffwear lines aren't cheap, but you get what you pay for.
The Kid walked 6 days on the Long Trail with ease. 

Tell you what else is easy: shopping online. I hate, hate, hate store shopping.
 Did you know that you can buy bugs through Amazon?
Mealworms are a superfood for chickens, very high in protein.  Entertains me to watch them do jumping jacks when they see me coming with their scoop of treats in the morning. In spite of the low kissability factor of chickens, I love my girls.