Thursday, October 27, 2016

End of the Journey

A trip is the perfect length when, on the last day, you're eager to get home.
I have some major catching up to do in the kissing department.  

Thankfully, one little angel has been subbing for me.
Tip of the hat to Tommy, Flynn, Jarrod and Jared for keeping the farm on a steady keel and making my vacation just that much better.
What also makes the trip sweeter in the end is when you've remained under budget.
I only shopped at one place... Red River Camps!
I had predicted my mileage to be 3876 miles, including extra miles for touring and detours...
... and based on my car's fuel efficiency, I'd saved up a little more for gas money they actually consumed!
3829.  Meaning that the surplus is going towards the next adventure.
If the car can ever forgive me for this last odyssey.  I change the oil and inspect her under carriage for damages... she's peeved, but in good shape.

From my desk, I look at my map often.
All the pin points indicate where Cole and I have been trail running. Each point provides me with a flashback to our adventures.  Now, we've completely covered the Eastern half.
Middle of the country has been done too.
Southwest... done.
All we lack are the 5 states in the northwest to complete my goal of trail running with Cole in all 48 contiguous states.

Cole, my intrepid and undaunted companion, returns for another round of cancer staging Dec 7th:  blood work, liver and spleen biopsies, ultrasounds.  If the cancer is still at bay, who knows, this may not have been Cole's last rodeo.  We may have time to take a late Winter trip out West. We could cut the trails with skis!  We haven't done that in years.
Sleep on it and let me know what you think Cole.