Saturday, December 10, 2016

Knee Surgery

The long awaited knee surgery is over!  I had to jump through so many darned hoops to get my insurance to approve it and for it to be fast tracked before Jan 1st when my deductible jumps back up to $7800.  But, it's done.  
My coworker, Flynn, was my chauffeur on Friday.  Long day too: 7-5.  Tip of the hat to him!
Accolades go out to the staff at the Jack Hughston Orthopedic Hospital in Phenix City too.  What a state of the art facility.  I've had previous OK experiences with other surgeries at another hospital.  But, Hughston is top notch.  I wasn't forgotten in the waiting room for 3 hours, I wasn't shoved off without any post op instructions, I didn't have to share a room, I wasn't left to freeze without any blankets... East Alabama Medical Center Hospital, you know I'm referring to you! And I'm confident they didn't gift me with a staph infection either.  
The only thing I brought home with me was a bad case of nausea.  The nurse said to do deep breathing exercises to circulate the blood and get rid of the anesthetics. Wasn't working.  Not wanting to ralf on my clean bed and carpets, I went for a walkabout outside.  The dogs, my crutches and a back pack full of ox feed went out the door.  It felt so good to be out with the dogs that we skipped over to the Farmhouse to let the pipes drip overnight.  A usual 20 minute walk took me over an hour, we got in after dark and with an appetite.  Mission accomplished.
My three fuzzy nurses have been sticking like glue to me.  
Low dropped to 23'F last night.  A proper three dog night.
I'm glad I cut all the remaining flowers out of the garden Thursday night.
Feels like a real hospital room in here, flowers are everywhere.
Betcha they don't have this at the Hughston Hospital though:
Organic Bolivian coffee that I roasted this week.  My first cup of joe in 48 hours.  Ambrosia!
I'm having homemade French Onion soup for lunch with a venison burger, not on the menu at the hospital either.  
I'd been waiting for the long acting analgesic in my knee to wear off and it's a coming.  Contemplating taking my first narcotic, but trying to avoid it.  I'm playing with the farm's accounting program today and I don't want the accountant to ask:  "What?  Is she on drugs, or something?".  As a matter of fact...