Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Nailed It!

Star Date: 02-21-2017, Cole and I reach Washington state via a white knuckle trip over a snowy Snoqualmie Pass. 

Note to self : we're taking the long way back to Oregon on Wednesday! Our 6 hour drive featured either rain or snow, until we pull up to a trailhead at Squak Mountain State Park, Issaquah, Washington.

The sun gods smile upon us.

And I am grateful. This is the last run in our cross country odyssey.

For some insane reason, I've been sad all day.  Suffering from melancholy. 

It's not the end of our journey together, yet, I want to put it off, this quest has been too good to end.

The new teammates made the past two trips even better.

Ever faithful Garrett.

The dogs can't run off leash much. Unlike the wide open terrain of  WY, MT, ID and OR, I'd lose them in a heartbeat....

...consumed by giant ferns!

From being out in the vastness of open rangeland to feeling the embrace of all these giants.

From arid to rainforest. We run and run and run.

Meeting less then 5 people.

Passing two young women, with Spandex
 pants and expensive running shoes. 
My fat toe won't fit in my trail running shoes, so I run in my work boots. Trying not to look like a complete Goober by wearing my Spandex tights with boots, I choose jeans.


Step aside, Redneck Express coming through. 6.5 miles. The guys crash once we get back to the car.

Garrett falls asleep sitting up. 

Our rental is in the heart of Seattle. A Tudor English cottage in an enchanting garden. 

I'm guessing the owner found a stash of exquisite lead glass windows and built the place around them!

Sounds like something I'd do!  The Anglophile motif is carried well.

A bookcase of English books.

Tea anyone? This cottage is beyond adorable. 
File photo

Pete says, aren't I adorable enough for supper? 

You betcha.

Celebrations in order, what an epic journey it has been.