Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Murphy

After a long hiatus, Murphy came home.
And he brought his tropical friend, Alberto.

Horses' feet don't do well after standing around in wet grass for two weeks.

Signs of lameness from infection are quickly treated.

I'm faithful to White Lightning, a product that you mix with vinegar to cause a gassy reaction that kills pathogens.  I love freaking science!!!
It also appears that Murphy brought a canine sidekick.

Dax and I have been observing a larger dog's fresh paw prints early in the morning going from the vicinity of my house, down the back pasture and then off to who knows where.  Game cameras where repositioned, but we have yet to get an image of it.  Murphy's Friggin' Law, obviously.
Between the rain and the work, sometimes Dax doesn't get his evening run at all, sometimes he's dragged out to trot in the dark...

...anything to get him to sleep at night!

If only he was as comatose during the night as he is during the day.  

Quintessential government worker. Until it's quitting time, then you'd better fasten your seatbelt.
Today, I met Foster's owner, this is Foster watching his human do homework. 

Notice the missing portion of the recliner.  Gee, I wonder if that darling looking German Shorthair Pointer did that? Duh.
The Foster stories vindicated me: Dax is not uniquely abnormal.

He tries to be good, but it can be so taxing.

He did well this Tuesday though.  Axel was taken back to the vet school for a recheck on his operated eye.

Demon Spawn didn't knock anyone over (not even the kind woman in the walker who came to pet him--yes, I was sweating that one), didn't leave paw prints on victims' shirts, didn't chew his lead in half. He paced a little.

The only tantrum had was when the head opthalmologist was giving us his diagnosis.

Now that's Murphy timing: rolled on his back in the exam room, squaloring.  Emotions quelled by being picked up and held in my arms.  54 lb big baby.  I raised him, what can I say.
I needed something to hold at that moment, bad news on Axel.  A possible new infection was attacking his eye.  Five more days at the vet school to try to treat it.

Flynn reported that Angus was looking for his Mini-Me.
I go back to the vet school to deliver his feed tomorrow, I'll let Axel know he's missed.