Saturday, May 26, 2018

Peter Gets a Reprieve

Pathology reports are back.  Drum roll, please.

No cancer cells found.  Which still baffles the vets at to what could be causing the "aggressive osteophyte" growth. One hypothesis is the erlichiosis is doing more damage than expected.  Hence, he's on more antibiotics, groovy pain meds and a host of supplements now.

How am I to make him lose weight when I have to hide 13 pills a day in Vienna sausages?

Rice cakes were suggested. Only Garrett and I really like them.

Oddly enough celery is acceptable.

Apparently fun too.

Glad two of us like it. 
We've stocked up on green beans as filler for his meals.

He's wise to it and picks around the beans.
I've been mandated to slim him down before our next recheck at the vet school.  This is going to be more difficult than expected.  Now that he's ambulating better, he's beginning to make the rounds in the horse pasture again snarfing up high calorie Scooby snacks.  As soon as I get half a day to devote to it, I'm breaking out my underground fence system and all the dogs will be taught a little lesson in perimeter respect!  
Until then, Dax is being a diligent boy and sticking by his Papa Peter.

Peter is loved.