Friday, May 18, 2018

Peter's Trips to the Vet School

On top of the erlichiosis, Peter had developed a swollen front carpal joint.

Dr. Brown submitted her Xrays to Auburn University vet school and we were quickly summoned to the Orthopedic Clinic for further evaluations.

Peter travels with his entourage.

We all accompanied him.

My intuitions tell me these visits will be frequent and Flynn may as well know the procedure and meet the team of doctors.

Even on Peter's day, Dax tries to steal the show.

A passerby gets accosted.

Then isn't permitted to leave until a full ten minute belly rub is administered.
Peter isn't returned to us until they'd Xrayed every joint in his body, plus full chest Xrays looking for cancer, blood profiles and CT scans.
Dr. Turner's assessment is that he's a mess.  Every joint has a separate issue that can severely hamper his future mobility.  We can't worry about any of that now until we find out if the lumps on his wrist are cancer or not.

After a really long day of worrying, I take my boy out for supper alfresco.
A little bit of fresh air and a hamburger can make all the unpleasantness of the day vaporize.

Until the next day. Yes, Peter was back again on Thursday for a bone biopsy surgery. They wanted to keep him overnight, but I objected...

He doesn't need to be laying on a towel in a hard pan kennel, he needs his couch.

He's not walking well and I've had to carry his lithe 82 lb body around to put him out for potty, lift him onto the couch, take him down from the couch.  At one point, he was eating supper while laying on the floor when his bladder let go.  He flailed around in it like he was making a snow angel.  It was a long night, I think I got an hour of sleep.  Dax pretended to fall asleep in my arms, then in the dark went to lay on the couch with Peter.  
I love my little family.