Monday, August 26, 2013

Tommy and Mack Go to School



 

Mack:  "Mum says we're supposed to get in the trailer to go to school.  I'm not getting in, you?"




Tommy:  "No way, Jose, I hate school."
"Did she say in-flight meals provided, OK, I'm coming!"



Mack:  "Brother Tommy, don't leave me!"





Angus:  "Hey, Axel, they fell for it again."





How many Indians does it take to squeeze one big chief into a chute?





Tommy got a recheck and Mack got his feet trimmed.



Tommy:  "Duped again, next time she says vet school, we're hiding."



Trips in the trailer are hard on me too!  This is my way of dragging out the very heavy rubber mats:  a pair of Vise-grips provides, well, grip.  A few hours of labor and the trailer's clean and reloaded with farm implements.



Unfortunately, Tommy's wide posterior blew out a window when he turned around.  This makes window #3 that he's taken out.



I briefly entertained the notion of buying a friend's trailer. Lighter, easier to clean, easier to park, no need to unload and reload all my implements.  Sounds like a winner.



The reality of what one ox could do to an aluminium trailer, if they could even have been compressed into it.

As for my foot issues, the news continues to worsen.  My boot cast was easing my foot  pain for the first couple weeks.  But, because I'm walking at work all day long, welts were developing all around my calf, my toes began aching and my heel was really bothering me.  I chose to go to my chiropractor for an X-ray recheck. He's awesome, charges a tenth of what a set of X-rays cost elsewhere, causes me to lose only an hour of work instead of an entire morning. And he's showed me (later gave me) my X-rays. 

My chiropractor charged me $60. Previous two other appointments with different doctors: $545.  I do have health insurance, but it has a $3000 deductible, which thankfully, I haven't met this year. First doctor didn't see a fracture in my metatarsal, second doctor did see it and prescribed the Boot.  $545.  $60 got me the same, plus I was shown why my toes hurt so much -- arthritis and why I hate to put pressure on my heel: a heel spur the size of a dragon's talon.  He's referred me to a foot surgeon.  We'll forgo that appointment until I have the money and time for what will surely be a very unpleasant experience --like after the Boston Marathon next Spring.  So, it's been almost a month that I've been unable to run and the side effects are terrible.  I may need to padlock the freezer so I can't raid my pesto stash on a daily basis, otherwise I'll be having to shop for bigger clothes!