Sunday, November 2, 2014

Battle Royale

Voles have been responsible for the multiple crop failures in my garden this past year.



Fuzzy little anathemas devoted to mass destruction.  
My counter attacks are beginning to change the tide.



This could be considered hunting a baited field.


Rat traps, no more messing about.  I'm sick of every delectable green in the garden being mowed down by those varmints.
A day was spent toting goat manure to the garden and tilling it in.
It would have been faster to incorporate and turn the garden by hand. But, I was determined to play with my tiller; in spite of the fact that it was buried in the horse trailer, had been winterized and then needed to be put back in the trailer and re-winterized.  I love giving myself a hard time.

One week later, the spinach, kale, lettuces, arugula and beets have remained unmolested.

Go ahead Vole, make my day.