Thursday, May 28, 2015

Catering, anyone?

What happens when you give one crazy Canuck carte blanche over a catered event?
She has too much fun.
One rented camouflage tuxedo... Went well with my cottage crafted fishing awards:
Local driftwood to offset thrift store cups.  Chic, non?

Rolled out my smoker and cooked bourbon glazed chickens and spice rubbed pork loin.


Means were taken to sneak more nutrition into each meal. Organic everything...
Whole wheat bread:
Four bananas hidden in the chocolate chip oatmeal cookies.  Beets in the chocolate cake and icing.
OK, so there's nothing healthy about Nanaimo bars, but who the heck cares?
My girls tried their best to keep up with demand, but after three meals a day for a few days, I had to buy some eggs.
Amidst all the cooking and cleaning, I had a new  charges:
Seven horses and one clingy stray dog:
Not to mention the daily hikes to collect hay for the my livestock.  My last 1000 lb bale of hay, of it's own volition, went careening down into the ravine behind my house.  No accessing it from above.
Cole, equally stupefied as to the distance it traveled before coming to rest in the middle of the woods.
Fearless leader following my well beaten path to the bale.
Logistics:  drive four wheeler and wagon to entry point down on the trail, push wheelbarrow into the woods, unroll hay from bale, dump into wagon, repeat numerous times and twice a day.
FYI  new bales have been better secured.  I can find more enjoyable ways to get exercise!