Saturday, May 12, 2018

Binky Wanna Go Boom

The SUV with the most heart, that has gone to Maine for us, 5800 miles in 2 weeks for our NW trip, the dogmobile, my farm car, yeah that one, well, she's got some quirks.
Binky in Nevada 

Binky has been displaying passive aggressive signs of resentment for over a year.  Each time I bring her to a dealership, they give her a clean bill of health.

At times, her systems ignore me and refuse to acknowledge that she's supposed to have a touch screen.  That was especially fun during the NW trip when knowing where you are is half the fun!
This past Winter, she registered her mutiny by overruling my demand for heat and only providing AC, full blast, thank you very much.
For her final act of defiance, a few weeks ago, she chose this:

Coupled with a strong, I mean strong smell of campfire in the cabin of the car.
Another trip, this time to a different dealership had me filled with hope.  Yet, once again, she failed to replicate the problem under a mechanic's stare. They tried to tell me that my 2015 Santa Fe was three electronic updates behind.  I'm sorry, but my laptop doesn't start to smell like it's on fire when I've been willfully ignoring its demands to update Windows.  Nice try.

I'll be ready when she decides to create her own funeral pyre.
Until then, she is no longer welcome to be parked anywhere near my house or the barn... I have toyed with leaving her alongside a Walmart though, but treading onto Walmart property would render null my ongoing boycott against them.  Any suggestion on overnight parking?  Dirty deeds done dirt cheap and toasty!