Thursday, June 5, 2014

Red Headed Stepchild


A certain pointer is the rock star around here. 
But, in truth two dogs own my heart:  Cole and Jinx.  The most diametrically opposed personalities, one's idea of adventure is the other's definition of abuse.

 
Jinx, aka Roo, aka Roodley, is a rat terrier.  Roodleys are easily perturbed, shy and reclusive.  Their preferred habitat is a warm bed.
 
 
 
 
 
Once removed from native habitat, Roodleys can become timid and elusive.
 
This withdrawn species finds it difficult to make new friends. With coaxing, it can be accepting of camaraderie. A new boarder is with us for a few days.
 
 
 
This dog and I are on the same page, every day is a bad hair day for me.
 
 
The similarities to Don King had Jinx worried.
 
 
Combing it over didn't help.
 
 
Guess that doesn't work well in general.
 
 
One pink bow and Miss Christie Brinkley is ready for date night.
 
 
Va va va voom!
 
Not all creatures great and small are welcome in the house. 
 
 
At dusk, a young rat snake intercepted Cole and I as we made our way up the porch steps.  I barged in on my neighbors to show their granddaughter my catch.  I was given chicken pot pie to go, I suspect, in order to get me and the snake to get out of their house.  I think I'm onto something.  I wonder what else I can catch around suppertime tomorrow night! 
The snake was released unharmed, but much admired.