Monday, August 11, 2014

Last Lap

Monday, the skies poureth bucket upon bucket of water upon us.  We almost drowneth.  
I came home, late afternoon, because I was beyond soaked.  My last job in Opelika was rescheduled, lo and behold, I couldn't have gotten there anyway with some of the road closures due to flooding.


Opelika 3 PM

The Hyundai, lacking amphibian capabilities, was relieved to have been spared having pond water in her motor.
After drying myself out, I picked up Cole from physiotherapy and went to clean a student rental.

The last one.  I'm DONE.  Three days ahead of schedule. (crowd goes wild).  Tonight, we celebrate:  in bed before 10 PM and no warning shot to anyone who disturbs my slumber.

Maybe we can get back to some semblance of normalcy around here..... ooooh, I slay myself!
I can guarantee one item that is now on the top of my list:  vole annihilation.  Now, that I think back to some of the crop failures this past Fall, it wasn't frost, it was vermin.
The good news is:  they have no liking for my basil, my tomato plant, my arugula, nor my corn.  Small blessings, count them, even if only on one hand.  


Puckering up to kiss Toddy under the ten foot tall Bloody Butcher corn.  Great for the oxen...



I grew a quarter acre of corn for the boys when they were babies.


Every morning, I'd take my machete and chop some down for them.  Spoiled?  Nah.

I did keep some for myself to dry, grind and turn into spectacular corn bread.


Ahh, Glory Days!

Off to bond with my PJ's, night y'all!