Monday, September 21, 2015

Lithops

Forgive me Father, for I have sinned.  It has been over a month since I have blogged.

This past Sunday, the horse trainer and I went on a road trip to evaluate a new prospect for our stables.  We found three, then could only narrow it down to two.  Unfortunately, neither horse had the required Coggins test, so I'll have to make the eight hour trip again next weekend (twist my rubber arm).  

So, as I'm heading out in a rush to feed my livestock before tending to the rest of the stables, I'll leave you with this, an old passion rekindled:


I found Lithops at a local nursery a few weeks ago.  Back flips, jump for joy, eeeeeeha!  Can't you see why I'm excited???  See the two little plants that look like the bottom of a hippo's foot?  Lithops!  A succulent plant from Southern Africa, evolved to camouflage itself from grazing animals by mimicking rocks.  
Be still my beating heart, I hadn't seen any since I was 15, when I had mine freezing their tap roots off on my Canadian window ledge.
I've been trying to avoid kissing them, but it's hard-- they're so adorable!