Monday, April 18, 2016

Death by Gardening

If I die this year, put out an APB for a fenced one acre plot of sandy loam, goes by the names:  Jamie's Garden or Devil's Acre.  It's trying to kill me.
My ambitions or copperheads will do me in.
Sunday, this copperhead snake and I had a brief argument about the rock I was trying to steal for my chicken coop. He won.
On the topic of signs of doom... there's been a lone vulture circling above my garden.  Could it be the dead fish?
Nah.
Three day old bass buried in 70 holes to act as fertilizer for my corn hills.
My field of dreams using the three sisters planting method:  corn, beans and squash. Note all the weeds.  Anyone wishing to learn how to weed can apply for free internship now!
Like right now.  Operators standing by...
Fine. Be like that.

Apart from all the flowers, there will be some edibles.
Greens for the chickens:
Carrots for the horses:
Corn for the cattle:
Fodder beets for the cattle too:
Food for the bees:
Rutabaga for the mama:

As practical as vegetables are, my passions lay elsewhere.
Caught reading my smutty magazine.
I need professional help.
Is there a support group for iris addicts?