Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Anne-Marie

A snowbird landed at the farm over the weekend.
Anne-Marie quickly metamorphosed from Toronto urbanite to ranch hand.

Riding with Trail Boss, Tommy.


Bonding with the John Deere:

Auditioning for a role in my coyote annihilation posse.
Study material:
Passing grades:

All that work can make one hungry.  I received a look of disapproval when I dumped a can of peas onto our salad and attempted to sprinkle Kraft cheese on it.  Anne-Marie is a chef, nationally acclaimed cheese judge and culinary arts professor... I may be a decent camp cook, but she raised the bar sky high.

For two solid days, my kitchen was besieged by the Canadian Julia Child.
Instruction was given on the making of a proper 6 hour chicken stock.
Not only did my house smell good, but the aroma wafted out and greeted me in the driveway when I came home from work.
It wasn't all work though. We toured the famous drive thru art museum.

The outing was intended as a joke, but Anne-Marie was gaga about the folk art! 
My childish side preferred to ride the wrecking ball art.

Maybe that's what spawned the idea that I should mount my previously never ridden draft horse.
Step 1: find a ladder to climb aboard.
Step 2: Jerry rig a bridle with twine.

Step 3: Take his best friend along for the ride...
...since Bella's death, Axel won't leave his protector's side.
Like ever:
Crazy Glue has nothing on them!
Nor us:
Best friends since 10!
Now BFF with the extended family too.
Anytime this snow bird wants to migrate back down South, she's welcome.  I guess I'll just starve until then:(