Monday, July 11, 2016

Health Care Hula Hoop

When I went to the orthopedic clinic for my knee a few weeks ago,  I tried to be slick and gt him to look at my foot that has been bothering for months.  Not so fast, only one ailment per appointment.  Health care insurance policies... now we know why seniors spend all their days in appointments!
Today, I had my appointment for my foot-- still being slick, I tried to get an answer out of him for my knee:  surgery or not?  He couldn't talk about the knee until my follow up on the 18th.  Aaaargh!  I would pay cash to avoid having my time wasted like this.  They really should have a cash paying fast track option policy.
Turns out the swelling and pain is from arthritis in my foot, courtesy of the break I had three years ago.  He's prescribing orthotics... he said it would help with the pain from my broken big toe too.  What?  Yeah, apparently that sharp pain that's been pesky for 6 months has been a poor big toe phalange that's been trying to mend.  Oops.
Well, I'm off to get my granny boots next week.  I HATE getting old and broke down!
I hope granny boots come in neon colors... to match my new blue hair.