Thursday, April 5, 2018

First Day Home

As with new babies, campers apparently need names.  Owners like to say that they're taking Southern Belle, Tiger Lily, Big Blue, or The Sparrow on the road.

No bird, flower or butterfly is going to adorn the side of my Scotty.

I hereby christen my 1974 Serro Scotty :  The Scottish Mongoose.

Can't decide which one of my ancestors' tartan patterns to use, but I believe there will be plenty of time to make decorating decisions.
Seeing as it took me 9 hours today to remove everything from the outer skin.

The rear wall crumbles when touched, all three other walls are trying to catch up.

Windows were anchored in black wood dust.
Only thing holding them had to be the copious amounts of caulking slathered on by a previous owner, after half a case of beer (because nothing else can explain why it looked like an elephant sneezed caulk all over the trailer) .

Youtube tutorial instructed to remove all windows, lights, ports, everything.
Everything came off, but the door (I don't want Dax to play in it unsupervised).

Some things are too crispy and I need to find replacements.

Scottish Mongoose is stripped naked on her first day!

...345 caulking junked Robertson screws later.


Before knowing if they'd be various sizes, I individually bagged each item.

My OCD side made me do it! 
Guess what?  They're all the same size!  All I have to do is buy 2 lbs of new stainless steel screws.  

Seeing life through rose tinted glasses.

I can't wait for my next day off, Youtube says to pop all the rivets on the J strip and peel the outer metal cladding.  
Stay tuned next week for the shedding of the skin.