Thursday, August 29, 2019

Excitement at the Farm

We never get bored around here.  Dull days don't exist.  But some days are more exciting than others.  Like when our tree service guys show up.

You know they mean business when they shove a whole pine tree in the chipper!

This year, they brought in the big guns.

Three ornery trees on the lakeside, beyond the house needed tending.
The largest (of course) had already fallen in the lake and required ingenious uses of cabling to hoist out.

This fine gentleman was the cut man in the lake.
Flynn and I aren't quite sure how the heck they got their small crane around the front of the house, but they are some creative folks.

I think I would've pooped my pants watching them negotiate the 6' wide bank.

Good thing we were otherwise employed helping our vet this afternoon.  Somethings do not need to be witnessed!
We caught the tail end of the day's work:

What a show!!!

They make it look effortless.

Up and over the house.

Seeing him do this made me put in a special request...

Almost 50, but still act like I'm 15.

Life is meant to be savored, thank God I surround myself with like minded people.
I've been dealing with this company for almost 20 years.  Best in the business.

Exhilarating to watch.


Precision work.

I love my job.