Monday, March 9, 2020

Ode to an Unsung Hero

I never talk about her. 
She toils tirelessly.  
She's 17 years old and has 277,000 miles.
She's my company vehicle.
In the past, someone shot her.

In the past, someone used the tailgate as a guide to hook to a trailer.

In recent three years, I'd taken a democratic approach and left her to be used by anyone working on the farm who needed her.

Until a former employee tried to rip her rear end out.  I quickly retook possession of communal keys.  Funny how she hasn't needed to go to the mechanic's shop as often...hmmm.
Meet Boo.

Never had a vehicle lent to me for work before, some have tried to tell me she's ugly, but I love her.
Mondays are now my days off to study, but it was too pretty outside and Boo was still under a coat of mud from the monsoons.

Shampooed seats, scrubbed her behind the ears, went through half a bottle of Armor-All on all her trim and waxed over all the dents and scratches.
Boo-tiful!