Sunday, April 26, 2020

Study Break

Work has been in hyperdrive so everything can be buttoned up for my holiday.  I'm beyond excited.
Pity I won't need a passport where I'm going:

My desk.  
My bosses', who've been incredibly supportive of my back-to-school venture, approved the use of some annual leave to disconnect for 4 days.  
With finals next week and the shelter-in-place orders lifting, I'll be losing Adjanie when she goes back to her permanent job soon.  She's been so gracious to come lend a hand to the Hard-Headed-One-Who-Likes-To-Claim-Loudly-She-Can-Run-the-Farm-Alone .... 

My plan:  catch up on assignments and review, review, review.

With the help of my minions. 

Since starting school full time in January, my dogs have been sources of inspiration.

And support.

Getting me through every late night study sessions when I felt like quitting.

I have often turned to them and wanted to say: "let's just go to bed".  They always say: "don't you dare quit".

Bless their little souls.

It's paid off.  This old dog has managed to pull straight A's  thus far. 

But, it's been every night, every day off, without fail, nose in my books.  

Business class, two economics classes and the booger of an accounting class. 

My goal:  keep landing those A's and by January 2021 land myself some scholarships to help defray the $20,000 a year tuition.  

Since Flynn left in the very beginning of the semester, it's been a long hard Winter at the farm, I survived, but I've whittled down my Summer semester down to two classes.  One on accounting software and the other in the accounting class series.  Two will be enough.  I'll need a breather before Fall semester. I'm already intimidated by the Fall schedule:

Thankfully, all these are online.  Limited seating from 20-40 depending on the class.  There are advantages to being older and wiser.  Since I'm of the generation of my professors, I've been networking with them since the beginning.  Guess who registered me, personally, for my much needed Summer and Fall online classes?  Head of the department. That's right, I've been getting first dibs on classes!

Old cougars know how to network!
Truthfully, I couldn't have made it without the circle of friends, who without hesitation, surrounded me and have engulfed me with love.
The outpouring of support has truly humbled me.

Adjanie has taken over the role of chef on the farm and brings over delicious, yet nutritional meals.

I'm spoiled rotten. 

My neighbor, Scrappy, flings homemade pies over the fence and keeps my spirits up with barrages of his brand of dry witted texts.

My Auburn contingency has send sustenance in the form of my favorite Canadian treats.

On my days off, my personal trainer has done the lion's share of the work to reclaim my garden.

Lisa and Carter have come to help clear trails.

Kyle used his time off from his regular job to volunteer hours helping me catch up.

To honor all my friends and family who've showered me with encouragement, I'm Duck taping myself to my office chair for 4 days, until I've reviewed so much that I'm repeating Asset Turnover Ratios in my sleep.

Look out, Scholarships, I'm comin' to git ya!