Sunday, March 21, 2021

Splurge

 Suki ate my old couch a few weeks ago.  





I was finding its remains in her poop for days. Naively, I believed all the pieces to have been taken out to a secret burial spots in the yard.  Nope.  Amazing how a 40 lb dog can pass a section of leather the size of a T-shirt.  The couch was a freebie from 10 years ago and Peter's favorite perch.  We lived with it put back together with a roll's worth of Duck tape for about a month until I was sure Miss Suki had begun to understand house rules. 



Between the crack house couch, the Frankenstein loveseat and the shelf by my desk, I realized it was time to honor my larger brood with proper furniture. 

Family had given me Christmas money with a request that I spent it on myself rather than the animals.  So, finding a trio of furniture on Facebook for $500 sort of qualified.  



I never did sit on my old couch, but maybe I can use the new armchair to study.




Maybe not.








The couple who had this set for the past 30 years doted on it.  They've promised to come by and visit, partly to sit on their beloved living room furniture again.  


They'd better take a number!