Friday, September 9, 2022

Changing of the Guard

 Big news at the farm yesterday: it is sold.  It was put up for sale back in May, but my employers requested I not blast any news about it online.

The shroud of secrecy has been lifted. Here is the listing with the promo video.  Me and the horses are featured after the fishing.  



The video editors chose to highlight the more low key videos of our day of shooting.  I've had to beg and plead for some of the footage of what ended up on the editing floor.  

Moi and my boy, Jones


None of the exciting stuff ended up in the promo.  So here's some of the good stuff.

For those who think a Tennessee walker can't jump, y'all haven't met my riding instructor, Erin, who is also a steeplechase eventer


Heather dazzled on her mare.

Heather and the Mustang she trained


As we begin our mock day of fox hunting:



When Jones tries to jump into Heather's back pocket.



Heather used her own horses, this is her on her other horse demonstrating Western pleasure riding with Luke.



Jones and I provided most of the comic relief.  As we cantered up the hill, Jones decided the cameramen were out to eat him, so he galloped off side into the bushes.  They believed I was doing it on purpose to add drama to all the footage.  Nope, just me not able to control my hot horse.



The work here is intense and never ending; the creatures that are out to get me are always lurking, but as I've said in the past, this piece of land is a jewel.  I knew if the new owners drove in with their bulldozers to put in subdivisions, you'd be reading about me in the obituaries.  I would have a major coronary on the spot.  The new owners plan to use the property as a family compound, no development, no logging, no hunting club.  My little Jurassic Park is safe for another generation. It is my legacy, I healed it and protected it for 8 years. I don't know if I have a job or a place to live, but my work was not in vain.