Sunday, September 4, 2022

The Grind

On Friday, I bush hogged miles of trails..



My batwing cutter and I make a great team.


That night, the manager from the neighboring farm came by looking for me at 8 PM.  He found me doing chores in the barn.  He gave me a lecture about working too much.  After his monologue, I told him I'll be home 20 later because of him and I handed him a pitch fork.  

Saturday was a 14 hour nonstop day.  A friend told me I'd forgotten how to have fun, I work too much.   



Coming home at night is my fun.  Trying to pick my way through a throng of dogs in the dark, less fun.



Every time I come home.  Video:



First duty: make supper.  Why do you have 12 hens, they ask.  Because I have 8 dogs and WE prefer organic eggs.



I'm either 16 hours late for breakfast or 8 hours early.  It's been my MO for the past 3 years: starve during the day and consume 3000 calories nocturnally..  



Kids are fed.



My turn.  No shower, no putting on pyjamas, I'm already behind on 2 lectures and I have homework due by midnight.  



My daily bedtime is between 1 and 2 AM.  Back up at 6.  Keeping my eye on the prize.


My Precious.