Saturday, September 21, 2013

Georgia Redo

Cole and I have been hiking/running in Georgia, but I lacked the photographic or Garmin evidence to document it. We took care of that last week.

 
 
7 miler at Roosevelt State Park.
 
 
 
And the picture after the run.  We're well over half way on our list of 48 states to run.
 
A couple days earlier, we went back to the Russell Lands Trails around Lake Martin.  My coach had 20 miles lined up for me.  I could only manage 17.  Healing from injury is a slow and aggravating process.
 
 
Cole loved it, he got to go swimming numerous times while he waited for slow poke to catch up.
 
 
Crossed paths with a 3' copperhead.  I tried to coax it off the trail, but it remained uncooperative.
 
 

True to form, I pulled a Super Grover dive.
 
Back at the farm, Cole has become quite the swimmer.  From the kid who almost drowned two years ago to a canine Michael Phelps.


You can barely see him in the middle of the lake. (I'd have enlarged the picture, but the editing tool has decided lately to only allow the first two pictures to be edited---this is why I will always hate computers).


Here comes Loch Ness now!



Aqua Dog.