Thursday, February 13, 2014

Snow Day...Again!

After the fiasco, in Birmingham, two weeks ago involving motorists stranded in their cars, overnighting in schools and malls, wrecks all over the roads -- the state of Alabama declared a state of emergency yesterday due to the forecasted snow.  Statewide.  Indeed, the northern section has been hard hit, again.

But, was it necessary to shut down Auburn University today?


Photo taken this morning in my backyard.  4 inches is what I wish were out there.  The squirrels would not have appreciated my version of the Olympic biathlon!  Disappointingly, the accumulation was more like 4 mm.

Forecast for the next few days calls for plenty of sunshine.  Much needed to dry things out after the deluge of the past two days. Pure muck out in the pastures.  Miserable conditions for the livestock, pouring rain yesterday with temperatures hovering around the freezing mark all day. 


The gang greeting me this past Monday after work.  No "How was your day?", only "Hurry up, put your Wellies on and get us fed".

All the rain has kept us from going on Cole's daily walks.


Cabin fever.

Last night, I returned home from work at 8 PM.  I was feeling smug that I had narrowly missed driving through the sleet.  Mother Nature had the last laugh: 500 lbs of feed in the car needed unloading.


My sympathetic duo chagrined to see me toiling in the sleet.  Never mind what you think they may really have been thinking, leave me my fantasies!