Sunday, July 5, 2015

Happy Birthday Cole!

Cole turned 8 on July 3rd!   Massive celebrating...

Early morning run, one mile for every year.
We may be gray and slow since 3 years ago:
Who cares, we're still running strong.


Ever seen such good looking legs on a 56 year old = 8 year old dog?



Even the farm dog, Pete, kept up with us.  He joined the Smith Boot Camp program 3 months ago.  He was switched to Cole's nutritional regiment and as he lost his spare tire, we upped his mileage.  He's gone from having bouts of arthritis after short jogs to being spry even after a long one...
providing water breaks are taken.
Out on the trails with my best friend on his birthday, rain or shine -- it's our tradition.

Birthday breakfast was homemade meatloaf.

Birthday boy unwrapping his presents.
Success!
Garrett got the consolation prize.

My life has been charmed ever since a German Shorthaired Pointer  puppy entered it in August of 2007.
Cole is my once-in-a-lifetime dog.  Dogs are blessings, they love us, sometimes beyond expectation, beyond what we deserve, more than we love ourselves.

Here's my video tribute to my best friend:






Stay with me for another 8, will you?