Saturday, April 15, 2017

Anatomy of a Day Off

Ready, set, go!
A day off... to work in my garden.

Wisteria bursting with blooms.
When I get tired of weeding, I can play with the chickens.  They relish their hydroponic wheat.

If you get really bored, you can break your back installing pine straw mulch.

It helps to have an assistant on standby.

His only job is to spread sunshine.  Although, I have to be careful not too much sunshine is laid on him.  Pinkie has a shaved belly from having ultrasounds.
At dusk, we retreat back to house and I go to school.
My kitchen shall henceforth be known as The Seale Culinaree Skool.

I'm determined to work my way through Frank Stitt's Southern Table.  Mr. Stitt runs the Highland Grill in Birmingham, an upscale restaurant blending traditional Southern ingredients with French styling.

Tonight's project is Chicken with Autumn Vegetables and Madeira.  Class is in session for three hours because this recipe contains two additional recipes, one for Autumn Root Vegetable Puree and another for Autumn Vegetable Ragout.

Getting warmer.  By 11 PM, we feast.  The taste is incredible, well worth the aggravation of peeling all those itty bitty pearl onions.  But, my presentations always fall short.

Maybe I need a better photographer!  
Continuing education has never been so fun and fattening.