Thursday, April 27, 2017

Rediscovering Your Groove

My little engine that could hasn't been firing on all cylinders lately.  Since returning from the trip to the NW, seems I left my vim in Wyoming.  In search of it, I've been ripping some favorite old classics off my book shelves:  Balzac, Troyat, Stendhal.  In retrospect, those are not the cheeriest French writers, bad idea.  
What I needed was a new classic.  And it arrived, not from France, but from Oklahoma a couple weeks ago.

My Life as a Horse, by Gina Miller, my Okie sister who neeeever mentioned she was a published author.  This revelation was planned serendipity on her behalf. With the gas tank on E and major farm projects on the radar, the big box of inspiration from Oklahoma had impeccable timing.  My care package held so many handmade items that come from the heart, and some from the heart of a comedian:

Mini trophies in tribute to our completed US running quest.


Last, but not least:
If that doesn't fill you with inspiration, then you need to check yourself for a pulse.
The revitalized Jamie took her brood on an impromptu run last night to the Boonies Pasture and instead of three sluggish miles, we kept going and going.

Not since last Fall have I had such an enjoyable, pain free run.  The newly remodeled knee reassured me: "we got this, keep going".  Going we did, for over 6 miles.

Uh oh, is it possible the old me is coming back online?  Possibly.  12 hours later and the knee isn't swollen or aching.  Quite possibly!  Pete says:  "ah crap, there goes retirement".