Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Demo Crew Attacks the Scotty

After a long hiatus, work on the Scotty has resumed.  Plans were made, friends from Auburn came to lend a hand in the sweltering heat.  My first break from weeks of 12 hour work days, 7 days a week... I was hardly bouncing off the walls with enthusiasm.

Actually, I think I spent most of my time looking for my misplaced tools and making coffee. Left to my own devices, I don't think I would've even touched the camper, preferring to crawl under the deck and curling up in a fetal position along side my posse.

Thankfully, the troops, Deli and Lisa, pulled the team through and got the job done.

The job being to remove the J rail and peel the skin off the camper.
Lisa, demonstrating her demolition skills:

Deli battled the gallons of silicone a previous owner slathered on all the joints.

We marveled at the sheer amount of rot.

Working on the fender, wood dust was snowing down on me.

Dax wasn't looking convinced that this will ever be our Escape Pod.

Fear not, my little man.

Ok, maybe a bit of skepticism is warranted!

Trying to salvage some of the windows after the roof partially collapsed.
This repair work challenges the notion that 'more is better':

And still we forge on.

I get by with a LOT of help from my friends!