Sunday, August 12, 2018

Gearing Up for a Day Off

This individual has been on medical leave for 2-1/2 months:

During this time, a squadron of part timers have rescued me from certain ruin:  

Deli and Heather (no picture, what???) put in a few days a week, Lisa and Todd donate one day a week.  Others have tried to hang with us, but fail. For example, the Sunday helper who was supposed to help us clear felled trees today never showed, leaving Todd and I to slug it out.  No problem, we're Farm Team. When we'd finished that, we knocked out all our other chores and I was able to finish Sunday evening bush hogging.


No better view than over the hood of this tractor.  I despise slopes, I'm constantly fearing tipping the tractor, but with the heavy bat wing cutter behind me, I'm [almost] totally empowered.  I'm cutting around the lake and zipping between trees in B-3 (purdy darn fast tractor work speed)... and loving it. I will have all my chores wrapped up by Monday night, allowing me to turn my phone on mute and drop everything in Flynn's lap for a couple days. Welcome back, Buddy! 

The entire week's work schedule for everyone is planned out. I'm planning to go AWOL, at home, and relish every minute of it.  Flynn has even agreed to stay here until 8 PM, so that I don't need to return to work in the evenings of my days off to do the final tending to the horses.
What do I have planned??? 
Peter suggests this:



Dax has some ideas too:

Fiddlesticks, I say.  We can sleep when we die.  Starting Tuesday morning 5:45 AM and ending Thursday morning 7:30 AM, we have stuff to do!!!

There's a mess of running to be done, gardening and toying with the Scotty camper frame if the RV shop ever finishes installing brakes on it.



It's been over a month since the camper has been stripped down to the frame and brought to a local RV repair shop for work.  With no time to spare in the evenings lately, I hadn't wanted it crowding my carport, but now I'm ready to get her back! 
First full day off in 2-1/2 months in 10 hours and 34 minutes...
photo courtesy of Kim R.

Bring it!!!