Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Last Day in Central America

New Year's Eve: time to make our way back to San Salvador Airport.  Vacay over, leaving Juayua.

Taking the long way back so that we can see different parts of the country.

The famous El Zonte beaches on the Pacific.  Black lava sands. Renown for the finest surfing.

I find an open air restaurant where it looks like the locals eat.

An 8 year old keeps coming back from the shoreline with his harvest of mussels.

I place an order for roasted chicken and watch the cook start the fire.  

30 minutes later, this is the scrumptious meal we get.  Give me a chicken and an open fire and you can either count on a carbonized meal or a case of salmonella.  I don't know how they do it so well!

We stray to the beach while we wait. My scooter can only go so far before the waves overwhelm it.  I ditch it and my boot to swim in the ocean.  I couldn't hear Flynn over the waves chastising me for getting my sutures wet.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.








dd

Totally worth almost missing our flight.

The remaining journey to the airport was stressful because of traffic jams and the main thoroughfares in narrow streets.  Flynn handled it like a pro.

He eventually let me have my fun and ride my scooter on the escalators.

Our first trip together a success!!!

The joy of coming home.

Exhausted from our adventures, we are in bed by 10 on New Year's Eve!

All's well that ends well.