Monday, January 20, 2020

Oklahoma Snowman

Family history:  I have two sisters, both from different fathers and mothers.  
We may not be genetically related, but that's a technicality seeing as we are soul sisters.  And you better not mess with my big sisters, because they're more certifiably nuts than I am.
Gina, manages a +40 head horse rescue in Oklahoma.

Gayla, also lives too far away, all the way in Texas.  She's off the chain too.

No matter where I am, or what I'm doing, these two have my back.  I don't think they realize how much  I look up to them.
And worry about them... so when a storm was leaving a path of destruction in Texas and snow in Oklahoma, I radioed Gina to forewarn her, and demanded she send the snow my way. I see far too little of it in Alabama.

This is apparently all the snow she received.  "Causing major snowdrifts against the barns", she wrote.  Beware, Gina has a wicked sense of humor.
A few days pass and I get a package in the mail from Oklahoma.

A bag of water, two lumps of coal, a carrot and some buttons.

No way.  YES WAY!  Gina sent me the snow I'd requested.

My homage to the gift:  a sculpture titled 'Oklahoma Snowman, A Still Life'.
Long live the sisterhood!
Later, to my added delight, Winter actually remembers that it is January and it returns to us full on.

Hooray!

Fashion parade.  I love Winter jackets, winter hats, the cold crisp air in my lungs.

Bring it on! 

Yes mother, I do wear my favorite Owl hat in public.

And much to Flynn's embarrassment, I wear this winter felt hat out too. Apparently I look Gilligan.

If it gets colder than the predicted 21'F Tuesday night, I might have to break out some of my true Canadian arctic gear.  I'll really embarrass him them.  Keep your fingers crossed.

And keep a log on the fire for Peter.