Friday, February 19, 2021

Good Old Timex Watch

 They call me Humpty Dumpty.


Except, I always get put back together. Huge shout out to my surgeon and the nursing staff at Piedmont Hospital.  Plus to friends who:  took me to town at 4 AM,  picked me up and covered for me at the barn.

Instead of electing for the stem to stern type surgery, I did my research and chose a surgeon who was willing to take his time and limit the damage doing exploratory abdominal surgery via laparoscopy.  5 incisions later in lieu of a 10" long filleting, I'm home and I'm happy.

2-1/2 hours of surgery and I'm less the dead ovary, adhesions, lumps and a pack of endometriosis.  Apparently, it looked like a trash can in there.  Colon and other organs all stuck together.  Just lovely.

I'm glad it's over, almost didn't get my cardiologist's clearance for the procedure, came down to the 11th hour, the day before.  It's been a stressful week, nay, entire month

The day of surgery, I had an Accounting midterm to take.  In order not to miss it, I wrote it at 1 AM in the morning.  



Nailed it.



Been studying every evening with my compadres.



All 6 of them are little furry jewels.




I like for my pack to stay close.



A life without dogs isn't worth living.


After surgery, I promptly crawled into bed.  Everyone worries about the dogs stepping on me.  This isn't our first rodeo.  I have 6 nurses at home.



After licking my eyeballs for 5 minutes, they licked any other piece of skin exposed.  Satisfied, the dogs crawled under the covers and we slept for hours.


I had the best chicken dumpling soup delivered.


I also took the dogs for a walk and went to the barn to feed the horses hay.


I can't lift much, but I can carry two flakes at a time.  Did my soul some good to see my kids.  I practice gratitude every single day.  I know that life is a gift that can be taken at any moment.  I was scared to go under general anesthesia again, but I made it, in spite of everyone's concerns.



Who could forget the Timex logo:  Takes a licking and keeps on ticking.



https://youtu.be/vZaSGSrb4Uc

That's me!

Now, I might want to address the pinkie I broke a few days ago, a gift from one of the horses.



Life also has a sense of humor!