Friday, September 5, 2014

Multiples of three

Thursday morning, I reach into the fig tree and grab not a fig, but this
Nice little shock for the old heart.  Poor little fella was caught in the mesh.  The mesh that is doing a poor job of excluding ravenous birds.  
He was trying to lend a hand by ambushing a bird, but his efforts are not appreciated.  This is the same snake that, literally, slipped through my hands months ago when he raided the bluebird nest in the eaves of the old farmhouse.
Mr. Rat Snake was very patient while I cut him free, although he slimed me that awful smelling musk.  Thanks.
Being fairly big and stout, I decided he may pose a threat to Jinx, should Jinx lose his mind and try to attack him, this snake could constrict him quite nicely.  Seeing as the snake lived in the farmhouse and the dogs have use of one room in it... Seeing as my neighbor, Francine, joked around about blowing up the house to get the snake out... Monsieur Snake went for a walkabout with Cole and I .  We left him in the hollow of a tree, a tree known to have two squirrel nests in it.  How evil of me.
It bothered me to evict him. When you create a void, Mother Nature will fill it.  I'd rather the next tenant not be a copperhead or rattler.  I hope I didn't screw up.

They say bad things happen in three's.  Well, this week, it's multiple of three's.  Both my credit cards have been cancelled now due to fraudulent activity.  I hope they do get me my new cards before I leave for North Carolina next weekend.  I hope all the reservations I made for my Canadian trip with those cards will not be affected.

Thursday evening, I locked my keys in my car at a client's house. I haven't locked myself out of a car since 1989...  Not wanting to spend the $125 I was quoted for locksmith services, I fiddled around with a coat hanger for 30 minutes before popping open the passenger door.  Dr. Kjar stood behind me for moral support.  He also made a great lookout man.  We may not be speedy, but me and my fellow car thief ask if anyone knows where a Lamborghini is parked?