Monday, September 8, 2014

Pre-Party Party

My dear friend Helene and I share the same birthday in October.  Last year, we celebrated together, but this year, I'll be deep in the backwoods of Canada.  And this year is special, it will be her 100th birthday. 
Compromise:  a prequel to a party. On Sunday, I packed up a movable feast (and Cole) and we drove to Birmingham.
Her grandson is a professional photographer and when I'm around him, I forget to take my camera out -- so, no pictures of our party, oops.
But, here's one of Helene bottle feeding Morel, from last year.

As predicted, Helene had been cooking up a storm on her end and after unloading my cooler, she filled it right back up with her creations!  I will not be going hungry this week.
By the way, Helene, your banana bread is disappearing quickly!
I'll need to log some more serious miles to burn off all these extra calories.  Sunday morning, I ran 8 miles and Cole is now up to 4 miles!  Yippee, he's making a (slow) comeback!

The Comeback Kid.