Friday, September 26, 2014

Off Without a Hitch

Leaving the farm is one of my least favorite things. The perfect vacation would start with tossing my cell phone into the lake and puttering around for a week doing projects and playing with the oxen.
Alas, a plant gets root-bound if it stays in the same pot for too long.  I'm getting away to grow, then I'll hurry home.
I'm overnighting in my favorite place on the planet, Highlands, NC.  Cole and I arrived later then planned... Atlanta traffic had us hemmed in for two hours. I comforted myself by feeling sorry for the south bound drivers dealing with complete closure of I-85 due to an major accident.
Plus, I had begun raiding my food stash. Homemade beef jerky soothes the nerves.
At my client's house in Highlands, I found these three apples that the deer missed.  Be still my hunter gatherer beating heart!
Tomorrow onward to Ohio. This concludes my first blog posting created with my new tablet. It does appear this old dog has learned a new trick.